This year, I have become a member of Dixie State College's Show Choir known as Raging Red. It started in January 2009 and choral-directed by Merillee Webb and choreographed by Abby Krumrine. I love it to death! :D Ever since I first saw them perform at my high school 2 years ago, I KNEW that I wanted to be a part of it. I laughed at all the cute, funny moments and bawled my eyes out in the tender numbers (including Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli's "The Prayer"). They did EVERYTHING I was in love with! They acted, sang songs from musicals and The Muppets and pop songs from the radio! Not to mention, their dancing was WICKED!!
When I finally made it, I seriously couldn't think of anything happier than that moment! I was part of one of the most amazing groups I had ever seen!
From it, I've learned to be a better performer than I ever had been and I admire all the wisdom Merillee shares with us everyday. I'm also in love with how she makes sure everyone on the show is in the spotlight. There is never a single person who completely steals the show from someone else. EVERYONE is talented!
Last week, we got the privelege of performing at 2 different schools. What an experience! I got to sing my own solo (Sara Bareilles' "King of Anything") and the reactions of the kids who watched us were priceless! We were a big hit!
So far, Raging Red is the best thing I've ever done in the arts and I hope to continue contributing to its awesome spirit it brings to Dixie State!
TASTE THE RAINBOW!



No comments:
Post a Comment