So if you read my last post, you know that since August 2012, I've been working at this fairly new place called CaptionCall. It's a very interesting job and the best place I've ever worked at so let me tell you all about it.
It's a company that work with Sorenson Communications, who work with mostly deaf and hearing-impaired people and create different ways for communication. Our division is CaptionCall which is a brand of phone that captions the words you hear on the receiving line. My job as a Communications Assistant is to listen to the receiving line of the conversation and repeat every word (even profanities or sexual stuff) and repeat it to my computer which creates captions on my computer screen and those captions are sent tothe CaptionCall phone's screen for the receiver to read what's being said.
It is a product loved by many because before this phone, lots of people haven't been able to talk to the grandparents or other hearing-impaired people in their lives via telephone. But with this phone, it can connect to their hearing aide and the vloume can be turned up really loud and if they didn't quite know what you said, they can read the conversation back on their screen.
For an employee such as myself, it's very simple work and GREAT pay. Plus, I happen to live in front of it so I make it to work even if I leave the house one minute before clock-in time. I also get to choose my schedule, so I can make plans much easier and I know exactly when I'll be working and whatnot. It's a pretty awesome place and a gorgeous building! Nothing but goodness has come from working here :D.



No comments:
Post a Comment