Monday, May 6, 2013

RED

As many of you know, Taylor Swift is my absolute favorite artist. She is the most relatable musician to me, which is probably the biggest reason I like her along with many other awesome traits. In October 2012, she released her album Red which introduces new sounds for Taylor as an artist. The second I listened to the entire album, I was in LOVE. Her new sound is awesome and the songs have incredible lyrics as per usual. I listened to it non-stop for about a month. It is truly a fantastic album.
Today I want to share my thoughts on all the tracks.


1. State of Grace

State of Grace is the kind of song that imagine I would fly to, if humans could fly. It has a delightful tune that makes me so happy and ready to start the day in a peaceful way. It's been compared to the song Dreams by The Cranberries and that song, too, has a peaceful and delightful tune.

2. Red



The title song of the album kind of brings back Taylor's old country sound a little bit which I love! It also has very memorable and catchy lyrics that one would jam out to alone in their room (now you know my secret :P)

3. Treacherous



This song is a very emotional to me. And again very relatable. Eventhough relationships can be at risk, there's still a good thrill. The bridge of this song is what really gets to me. SO GOOD!!!

4. I Knew You Were Trouble

Currently, her best-selling single. This is a song where I really noticed how much Taylor experimented a new sound. This one has some awesome dubstep that makes the song catchy and again emotional. Her intention was to make the song sound a little chaotic like the relationship described in the lyrics and she nailed it! The lyrics and tune are also very memorable.

5. All Too Well


This song is definitely one of my favorites from the album. It tells such a great story and there's moments in the song I really feel the emotion and I love it! Such an awesome song!

6. 22

I have to admit. I wasn't in love with this song when I first heard it. It was kinda weird to me. But after a short time, I realized this song is great and now it's one of my favorites! It's the type of song that makes you think of having a big slumber party and jumping up and down on the bed all crazy-like. It's a very fun and catchy song!

7. I Almost Do


Another very emotional song. It's a song that describes a situation many of have probably been through. When you break up, there's still that attachment and you want to make things work again, but deep down, you know you have to let them go. I think this song describes those feelings in that situation very well.

8. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

The other number one single from this album. Very classic song and very straight to the point. Its catchiness is what makes people chant the words. It's a very humorous song as well which makes it brilliant.

9. Stay Stay Stay

Probably the cutest song of the whole album! It definitely tugs at my girlish heartstrings! And the narrative in the lyrics makes you feel like you're watching an adorable rom-com. Definitely the cutest song of the whole album.

10. The Last Time (ft. Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol)


One of the BEST songs in this album! Everything about it is so beautiful! Taylor and Gary's harmonies are amazing! And the lyrics they came up with together are seriously the best. It really makes you see things from both points of view in the song. In-freaking-credible!

11. Holy Ground


I love how upbeat this song is! I really like the fast singing in it. It's such a fun little tune and the line "Tonight I'm gonna dance for all that we've been through, but I don't wanna dance, if I'm not dancing with you" is one of my favorite song lyrics ever! Love it!

12. Sad Beautiful Tragic


The way the acoustic guitar is played in this song makes such a beautiful and sad feeling like the title says. It's almost like a lullaby except it's sad and doesn't talk about putting you to sleep haha. I love that it's kind of depressing because for some reason, I'm in love with depressing songs. I love those emotions expressed in a song for some reason. This song is definitely one of those songs that gets me.

13. Everything Has Changed (ft. Ed Sheeran)



Gotta love that Taylor chose the angelic voice of Ed Sheeran to duet with her! This song is also a very cute song from the album and they both made a really nice musical blend.

14. Starlight


LOVE THIS SONG!!!!! So cute, catchy tune, and wonderful lyrics! It makes you really think that Ethel and Bobby Kennedy were such romantics. I wish I was a good dancer because this a song I can picture with AMAZING choreography!

15. Begin Again


The last song of the album and one of the most beautiful ones. It's the perfect song to listen to after you've sobbed some tears. It comforts you so well. And it makes you feel like you CAN start over and be happy with someone. It truly is a wonderful song.
 
Well there you have it. I'm obsessed :P. But I hope you enjoyed my commentary anyway. Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment