NOTE: I know some of you that are reading this may have different beliefs than me and such and I just wanted to let you know that I don't think any of you are crazy or stupid and I'm definately not trying to offend. This is kind of one of those blogs where if the shoe fits, wear it.
So last night I stayed up really late simply because I couldn't sleep and I just felt really wide awake. I ended up going to my bed at around 2:45 AM and I felt stupid about that because I don't like staying up late sometimes, because I've always been counseled not to for health reasons, plus I didn't want my parents to walk in and get mad at me :/.
So right as I was going to bed, I kneeled down and said my usual nighttime prayer, but this time it was different. Maybe I was just delirious or something, but I didn't feel like saying the same old usual stuff. I decided to have a real conversation with Him. I talked to Him like I talk to my best friends. I told Him pretty much everything that was on my mind. I asked Him for help with things I struggle with. I thanked Him for things I really appreciated in my life at the moment. And I just simply talked. I had never felt more close with God in my life! I felt the Spirit and everything and I also knew that He was my ultimate and very best friend.
I talked with Him for about an hour (which is probably the longest prayer I've said) and the next morning (today) I woke up at 11:00 AM with a cough (which I hate), but strangely enough, I felt positive. Things feel absolutely great today and nothing special has even happened yet! It's AMAZING!
I encourage all of you if can (or simply choose) to have a conversation with God. It sounds kind of silly at first because you can't see or hear Him so you don't know what He'll say back, but I promise it will bring you closer to His presence :D.
No comments:
Post a Comment