I am a DIE-HARD fan of the NBC comedy The Office. I had heard of the show before and everyone made it seem pretty funny, but I didn't get into it until about 2 years ago when I had my wisdom teeth pulled out and all I could do was lay around. We just barely got Netflix at the time and I saw that all of the seasons of The Office were on instant play and I decided to watch and ever since then, I got hooked up until I caught up with the currently airing episodes. Now I've seen every single one to this day.
Because I am a fan of the show, I like to read about the actors and what will happen in the future episodes.
When the current season started (Season 7), I read a bunch information about what will be coming to the show and I discovered something very shocking: According to Steve Carell's (who plays Michael Scott) contract, season 7 was listed as his last season and he decided to NOT renew his contract, so after this season, he will NOT be returning to the show (however, the producers said that Carell is totally welcome to guest-appear in future episodes if he wishes)! When I read this, I was like, "WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?! WHYYYY????!!!!" Michael Scott is pretty much the main character!!! He MAKES the show what it is! I couldn't believe Steve Carell was willing to give it up!
To this day, I highly doubt the show will be the same. I'm still gonna watch it, but MAN!!! I'm gonna miss "The World's Best Boss" WAY too much!!!
So now some of you may ask, Is there someone replacing him? The answer is possibly.
In the most recent episode, Garage Sale, that premiered on March 24, 2011, Michael proposes to Holly Flax, the woman he's been in love with since Season 5. And in the show, after proposing to her, he decides to move to Colorado with Holly so she can take care of her dad (thus making an excuse for Carell's character to leave the show). And according to commercials and stuff I read, the famous comedic actor many of us love, Will Ferrell, will be guest-starring as the temoporary regional manager covering for Michael. Steve Carell's last episodes and Will Ferrell's first episodes will premire on April 21 and April 28 in Goodbye Michael: Part 1 and Part 2. After those episodes, the season won't be quite finished, but Carell will be gone anyway and Ferrell will stay the rest of the season and possibly be a permanent character!
When I found out all of this, I was again shocked! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Will Ferrell and I think he's hilarious and stuff, but I just can't picture him being on The Office! It's way too weird and I may have a hard time getting used to it! In my opinion, the show TOTALLY belonged to Steve Carell and without him, the show simply won't be the same. And I believe I totally have a point by saying this since I am a die-hard fan of both The Office and Will Ferrell.
This reminds me of Blue's Clues, that old show many of us watched as kids. Blue's owner, Steve, pretty much made the show come alive in a sense, and then when his character went to "college", he was replaced by his "brother", Joe. And ever since that change, the show was simply not the same. Joe was more annoying and didn't have quite the same charm that Steve brought to the show. And I think many of us would agree!
Ironic that in both situations the person leaving the show was named Steve :P
Anyway, I know I could go on forever about this subject, but I know none of you people have all day to read my blabber, so I'm gonna end this by saying, I hope Will Ferrell will somehow be able to change my mind!





No comments:
Post a Comment